We are getting ready to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. However, despite our full volunteer efforts and existing capacity in order to operate and run the Light Millennium, the organization has NOT been able to sustain itself. Also, we couldn't meet our previously announced deadlines for the e-publication and television programs or documentaries because of our worn out equipment and outdated software programs, and the absence of overheads, and any paid staff.
However, we believe strongly that within the mission and vision of the Light Millennium, we can reach out to and represent a large diverse group through the $1 open membership & start a partnership-based campaign based on the mentioned list of categories and criteria in the related page on the NYCharities.Org.
And, when we have 1 million open on-line members with 1 million on-line partners (once we reach this our next target will be to reach 5 million on-line partners), that will be the cornerstone of the organization to accomplish its long-awaited dream, so that we can add to our existing programs or previously promoted projects such as:
Monthly e-publications in 3 to 5 languages
* Book and magazine printing
* Move onto Internet TV in parallel to local television channels
* DVD & CD production based on the organization’s programs to make those available for general demand.
* To produce educational, art, and literary public programs more frequently based on in-collaborations with various institutions and NGOs annually.
* To produce international documentary projects such as “Parade of Faces: Who Speaks for Turkey?” with Stephen Kinzer; “Cadirhoyuk: A Multi-Faceted Ancient City”; “Nazim Hikmet: On the Twentieth Century”; “All Ideas: Freedom of Expression in Turkey”; “Time in the Eastern Mediterranean: Adalet Agaoglu”; Turkish-Greek Synergy; “Colors, Dances, Masks & Drums of Sri Lanka”.
* Multi-Faceted Poetry Writing Projects such as “When Peace Comes”.
* Literary Writing Projects such as “Rumi & Clarke Inspirational Writing Awards Project” (Educational – targets from elementary to high schools)
* "Rumi Video Production Awards" – Educational, targets collaborations with related departments of colleges and universities.
* “Light Millennium Global Diversity Home and School” project.
* Turkish-Armenian Synergy Initiative: recently formed under the Light Millennium.
* To be more active in leading programs at the United Nations.
* To be involved in various international conferences as active participant and producer.
* To organize international conferences, symposiums, art and culture exchange festivals & educational programs in collaboration with international institutions and NGOs.
* To play a key role for removing prejudices and bringing and presenting together various community and diverse cultural backgrounds side by side on various platforms locally, nationwide, and internationally both on multi-digital, physical spheres and international platforms.