Date: October 18, 2006
Light Millennium Proudly Presents in collaboration with The
Graduate School, The City University of
We are very excited to invite you to our
new program entitled, "2015 Beyond
in Science & Arts" which
will reflect ideas in science and arts
in poetic, constructive and visionary
approaches within the context of the Millennium Development Goals..
Please see the premises of the Millennium
(Please also see AIM & PREMISE
of the program in this page.)
DATE: On Wednesday, November 1,
TIME: 7:00 to 10:00 PM.
The VENUE ADDRESS:
The Graduate School and University Center
The City University of New York
365 Fifth Avenue,
4th Floor, The Science Center, Room# 4104
New York, NY 10016-4309
"Science and the Arts"
(Please ask or sign in at the Lobby for this title)
- Located at the corner of 34th street and Fifth avenue, diagonally
across from the Empire State
- Free entry and open to all
interested parties - First come first
- Approximate sitting capacity: 70
HOSTS OF THE PROGRAM:
* Prof. Sultan CATTO, Graduate Faculty, CUNY
* Bircan ÜNVER, Light Millennium
THE PROGRAM/PARTICIPANTS (in alphabetic order):
1) 7:00 - 7:30 PM: Welcome - Refreshments.
2) 7:30 - 8:30 PM: - Unpublished &
Newly written pieces
* Kamal AYYILDIZ, Poet
* Prof. Edward FOSTER,
* Barbara HENRY, Poet
* Prof. Hayrettin KILIC, Nuclear Scientist
* Omar MASAI, Actor & Poet
* Arielle MESSUTI
* Prof. Kevin PILKINSTON, Poet (will be presented by Omar Masai)
* Bircan ÜNVER
, TV Producer
3) Music by: Ozan Aksoy - Oud, Baglama and Voice/Songs
4) 8:30 - 9:00 PM - Open mic for selected published works in
science and arts:
* Prof. Sultan CATTO
* Jean Pierre GAZEAU, French Poet
* Timothy LIU, Poet
* Sherill KAZAN, UN/NGO Representative
* Alève MINE, Song Writer
& Singer (From Zurich)
* Prof. Anthony P. PENNINO,
"Elegy for an Enemy Soldier",
an adaptation/extrapolation of "The
War Prayer" by Mark Twain
* Shanxing WANG, Poet (will be presenting an excerpt from
his book "Mad Science in Imperial City".)
(If you wish, you could be part of
the open mic section too!)
5) 9:10 - 10:00 PM: Closing with musical performances and networking.
- For more information, please contact with us via
CALL for "2015 & Beyond in Science
(Dated: October 1, 2006)
AIM OF THE PROGRAM:
The program aims to inspire, motivate, encourage, and moreover,
force our imaginations and collective
consciousness to activate them effectively,
and to reform our collective energy for
achieving the Millennium Development Goals
as well as envisioning it BEYOND 2015!
So far, we haven't made any major progress
towards 2015; instead we have taken steps
mostly backwards since 2000. Therefore,
the next 9 years is a very short term
in human development to achieve such noble
goals. For this reason, we urgently need
to activate all our common potentials,
visions, and energy towards prompting
this process as well as being able to
visualize BEYOND 2015. Thus, we also aim
to present ideas beyond 2015 which will
be our real inheritance to our children
PREMISE OF THE PROGRAM:
As premise of the "2015 & BEYOND in SCIENCE & ARTS"
program will be embracing of readings
of newly written/unpublished original
poems and anthologized poetry in conjunction
with scientific ideas/quotations by
poets, scientist, students, and presenters from various disciplines,
cultures and countries in an inspirational
and motivational ways. It will aspire
to redefine ideas in universal contexts
and to build an effective bridge between
science and arts to "foster positive
connectivity", encourage "creativity"
within these disciplines, as well as
for the ultimate purpose.
- Please see the premises of the Millennium Development Goals:
*Nostalgic: In purposly used to refer
to the future more than past!
* * * * *
1) The concept developed by Bircan Ünver for the Light Millennium
organization, and the program will be
produced in collaboration with the Graduate
Center/CUNY, Prof. Sultan Catto.
2) WELCOME to other interested parties/organizations to contribute
the contents and concept of the program.
3) All presenters/poets and musicians as well as the organizers/supporters
of this project will be voluntarily
contributing to the program.
5) The Science Center, Room 4104 on the 4th floor of the CUNY Graduate
School is reserved for "Science and
the Arts" event for November
1, 2006 from 6pm until 10 pm. The
room has a capacity for approximately
70 people (no more due to fire regulations).
- CALL for "2015 & Beyond in
Science & Arts"
(Dated: October 1, 2006)
http://www.lightmillennium.org - http://www.isikbinyili.org - http://www.turkishgreeksynergy.org
"YOU ARE THE SOUL OF THIS GLOBAL
PLATFORM. & WE ARE FOR THE GREATNESS
- Since August 1999 - New York.
October 29, 2006