You are cordially INVITED to take part in
DREAMS FOR HUMANITY - 2016
The 16th Anniversary Celebration studio shooting of
The Light Millennium Television at QPTV Studio.
Studio shooting DATE: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - TIME: 6:00 to 10pm
CONCEPT | FLYER
- RECEPTION: 6:30 to 7:30pm. At QPTV Facility
Limited Studio Space/capacity. First e-responses to this call will be the first ones to take a part in the program.
- REHEARSAL (including presenters-guests-crew group photo) and SHOOTING:
7:30PM and on.
DEADLINE for participation: January 13, 2016 for emailing your DREAMS FOR HUMANITY to LMTV@lightmillennium.org (new or old works, a selected quote or poem or a short autobiographical piece that will support the concept.)
Duration of each piece on camera: From 30 second up to max. 3min.
As final product, there will be a 28 min. program to be scheduled on QPTV and MNN in February 2016. It also will be available online.
ADDRESS: Queens Public Television Studio,
4161 Flushing Plaza, Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11355
Concept & Executive Producer/Director: Bircan ÜNVER
LANGUAGE: Primarily in English (other languages are welcome as long as you can include an English translation).
OPEN INVITATION TO MUSICIANS & VOCAL ARTISTS
We are seeking musical contributions for this program (Based upon request, QPTV will provide a Yamaha piano). If you are interested in taking part in this studio taping please e-mail LMTV(at)lightmillennium.org (*) by Jan. 13, 2016.
* MiLLeNNium is with double LL and NN)
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PARTICIPATION
1) Submissions must be received by January 13. A follow up confirmation by The Light Millennium TV will be sent. (No Walk-ins. Confirmed names will be presented to the Reception Desk of the Time Warner Building).
2) The required duration of the each DREAM or newly written poem or selected short piece will be between 30 seconds - three minutes.
3) Languages other than English are welcome only if the presenter is willing to provide its English translation along with his/her submission.
4) Musicians and performances are also limited to 3 minutes. Please indicate your instrument. Each musician or performer also will be represented with one piece in the program.
5) All presenters, poets and musicians, as well as, the organizers/supporters of this project will be voluntarily contributing to the program. Thus, there is NO compensation or coverage available for transportation. It will be at your own expense.
6) You are WELCOME to be part of this project by e-mailing your DREAMS FOR HUMANITY, to be presented on the organization's website.
7) Previously unpublished submissions within the same concept in conjunction to the LMTV 16th Anniversary are Welcome.
8) Will be willing to sign the “Talent-Media Release” prior to the shooting.
· LMTV has the potential to reach over 5 million viewers in Queens and Manhattan through QPTV and MNN local channels, which also has global outreach through web posting and social media sharing.
· Potential sponsorships and contributions to this upcoming LMTV shooting will cover the production costs and enable us to secure 10-12 crew members and provide a light reception for the participants and guests of the program. Your sponsorships will be reflected in the CLOSING credits and relevant media release along with your monetary donation(s) to The Light Millennium which will be tax deductible.
· For questions, potential participations, contributions, or sponsorship opportunities, please e-mail LMTV@lightmillennium.org
(Bircan Ünver). Tel: 718-441-3816
For your tax-exempt donation, a check should be written to: The Light Millennium, Inc.
Mailing address: The Light Millennium - 87-82 115th Street Richmond Hill, NY, 11418
Implemented related program:
2014 - DREAMS FOR HUMANITY – 14th Anniversary Program
2015 - DREAMS FOR HUMANITY – Dedicated for the 15th Anniversary
Special Thanks to: Julie Mardin
Disclosure: This text is adopted from the same titled project’s 2014 Open Call.
Posted on January 1, 2016.