Immediate Release - Date: December 15, 2013
OPEN CALL FOR PARTICIPATION on camera for the upcoming
14th Anniversary of The Light Millennium Television - LMTV
Organization: The Light Millennium
Web site: http://www.lightmillennium.org
You are cordially INVITED to take part in the below entitled project as on camera:
DREAMS FOR HUMANITY
For the 14th Anniversary Celebration studio shooting of The Light Millennium Television at QPTV.
Studio shooting DATE:
On Monday, January 13, 2014
TIME at QPTV Studio: 6:00 to 10:00PM
(One-hour studio set up for lighting, cameras and microphones included.)
ADRESS: Queens Public Television Studio,
4161 Flushing Plaza, Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11355
LANGUAGE: Primarily in English (welcome to other languages as long as you will be able to submit it along with its English translation).
DEADLINE for participation: January 8, 2014 for emailing your DREAMS FOR HUMANITY to LMTV@lightmillennium.org (newly or previously written by you, a selected poem or a short anthological piece that will be supporting the above given concept.)
Background image: NASA.Gov
Concept by Bircan ÜNVER
Executive Producer/Director of The Light Millennium Television
CONCEPT AND AIM OF THE DREAMS FOR HUMANITY PROJECT
2014 is right around the corner and 2015 is the first station of The Eight Millennium Development Goals - MDGS as well as Beyond 2015 or the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals(*). There have been some improvements in the social conditions, universal education and development perspectives at large in some countries and regions since the year 2000. And at the same time, we’ve been faced with much more difficult times and harsher period in terms of ongoing conflicts and new ones, economic and social inequality and despair by forcing tensions to further escalate
in some countries/parts of the world since the year 2000.
Mainly, January 13, 2000 was the launching date of The Light Millennium Television Series - LMTV at QPTV studio with a special screening of the following program: “On the Twentieth Century: NAZIM HIKMET” in Flushing, New York. Taking this date as an inspiration point, we would like to invite you to a new open and multi-participatory
studio-shooting project in order to present your DREAMS FOR HUMANITY on camera at the QPTV Studio for the LMTV’s 14th Anniversary. With that said and since the beginning, LMTV has been one of the core initiatives of The Light Millennium organization along with its e-publications and various events.
Through the DREAMS FOR HUMANITY television project, the LMTV aims to inspire, motivate, encourage and promote active participation, and moreover, stir our dreams and imaginations towards contributing to awareness and activation of our collective consciousness on a global scale.
It has been frequently brought up that only one percentage of the world population mainly has and holds all sorts of wealth, owns or controls natural resources and political power both nationally and internationally in the world versus the ninety-nine percent of the population that does not. In order to get rid of global inequality and close this huge gap of injustice, we urgently need to activate all our common potentials within positive/constructive dreams, visions, and energies in terms of prompting the visualization of the world as a whole as well as each of us being a part of the same world.
All the greatest as well as worst things in the world have emerged with a spark of ideas, inspiration, dreams or visions in the minds of mankind since the dawn of humanity. This can also be mirrored to both the greatest and worst things that have been executed in the minds of mankind.
Consequently, we aim to bring this project onto the surface and present your constructive and visionary DREAM(s) for HUMANITY that will also represent how you’ve been seeing yourself as a whole that also might be a larger or global scale of your dream and as a member of the Human Family.
Furthermore, all other positive, constructive and imaginary dreams/ideas that are not covered in the MDGS nor in the POST-2015 Agenda, such as, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC GLOBAL JUSTICE AND EQUALITY, STATELESSNESS, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS FOR ALL, TRANSPARENCY, ARTS, SCIENCE, ADVANCING CULTURE OF PEACE, THE FUTURE, etc., ARE ALSO WELCOME.
Please take action and DO ONE THING FOR YOURSELF AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN...COME UP WITH A DREAM FOR HUMANITY. JOIN AND SHARE THOSE POSITIVE IDEAS AND DREAMS WHICH MIGHT POTENTIALLY INSPIRE OTHERS AND LET IT HAVE A RIPPLE EFFECT, WITH US. So let’s start by focusing on the positive dreams and spread out it versus delineate everything negative! This will also be each participants' contribution enhancing our common consciousness and desire for solutions for a better world for today and tomorrow.
Welcome to local media members or potential audience. Please note that the studio has limited seating space of a maximum of 12. Please RSVP by January 8, 2013 to LMTV@lightmillennium.org.
The first person to submit his/her dream or musical piece or selected the indication to attend as a media member or audience, will be the first scheduled that we can also only accommodate a maximum of 10-12 presenters (including musicians.)
Based upon total received submissions by January 8, we might have a 28 or 58 minutes studio program as its final outcome.
OPEN INVITATION TO MUSICIANS & VOCAL ARTISTS
We are seeking musical contributions for this program (QPTV will provide a Yamaha piano). If you are interested in taking part in this studio taping please e-mail LMTV@lightmillennium.org (by Jan. 8).
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PARTICIPATION
1) Based upon submission with a deadline of January 8 and a follow up confirmation by The Light Millennium TV. (No Walk-ins. Confirmed names will be presented to the Reception Desk of the Time Warner Building).
2) The length of the each DREAM or newly written poem or a selected short piece is limited to one to three minutes.
3) Languages other than English are welcome only if the presenter is willing to provide its English translation along with his/her submission.
4) Musicians and performances are limited to 3 to 4 minutes.
5) All presenters, poets and musicians, as well as, the organizers/supporters of this project will be voluntarily contributing to the program. Thus, there is NO compensation or coverage available for transportation. It will be at your own expense.
6) If you are outside of the New York area and are interested in taking part in this program, you are WELCOME to be part of this project by e-mailing your DREAMS FOR HUMANITY, to be presented on the organization's website.
7) We also aim to e-publish previously unpublished submissions within the same concept in conjunction to the LMTV 14th Anniversary program based upon its editing and scheduling.
LMTV has potential to reach over 5 million viewers in Queens and Manhattan through QPTV and MNN local channels. Potential sponsorships and contributions to this upcoming LMTV shooting will cover the production costs and enable us to secure 8 to 10 crew members and provide a light reception for the participants and guests of the
program. Your sponsorships will be reflected in the CLOSING credits and relevant media release along with your
monetary donation(s) to The Light Millennium which will be tax deductible. For questions, potential participations, contributions, or sponsorship opportunities, please e-mail LMTV@lightmillennium.org (Bircan Unver).
For your tax-exempt donation, a check should be written to: The Light Millennium
Mailing address: The Light Millennium - 87-82 115th Street Richmond Hill, NY, 11418
[*] POST-2015 Sustainable Development Goals
In the Rio+20 outcome document, member States agreed that sustainable development
goals (SDGs) must:
- Be based on Agenda 21 and the Johannesburg Plan of Implementation.
- Fully respect all the Rio Principles.
- Be consistent with international law.
- Build upon commitments already made.
- Contribute to the full implementation of the outcomes of all major summits in the economic, social and environmental fields.
- Focus on priority areas for the achievement of sustainable development, being guided by the outcome document.
- Address and incorporate in a balanced way all three dimensions of sustainable development and their interlinkages.
- Be coherent with and integrated into the United Nations development agenda beyond 2015.
- Not to divert focus or effort from the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals.
- Include active involvement of all relevant stakeholders, as appropriate, in the process.
"Fostering Global Connectivity", "Promoting 'Freedom of Expression' from all walks of life in every corner of the world," "Removing prejudices," and "Working towards to cultural globalization and global peace."
- Proofread by Yesim Ozel Dorrian