Listed below are the Board of Directors and decision-makers of the Light Millennium. The new term Board of Directors were elected during the last Annual Meeting, which realized at the Baruch College in New York City on July 10, 2013.
As an ongoing approach, we are seeking ways to expand and empower the BoD. We welcome new participants from various cultural and professional backgrounds in order to establish diversity within the BoD. We aim to increase the sustainability of the organization with a diverse and inclusive participation from different professional disciplines and cultural backgrounds globally.
If you are interested in joining the organization: you may take part in the Governing Body, or the Advisory Board; you may serve as a Pro-Bono Professional, a Volunteer Representative, a Volunteer Staff Member, a Translator, or get involved in the Production/Program aspects of the organization, or in one of its Committees. If you would like to be a part of the LM, please send us an email indicating your interest area in the subject line along with your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to gaining your participation.
We WELCOME all new potential members, volunteer representatives, staff members, and participants to the Light Millennium organization.
* * * * *
GOVERNING BODY OF THE LIGHT MILLENNIUM:
Bircan Ünver (continuing...)
TV Producer, On-Line Publisher & Freelance Writer.
Sultan Catto (continuing...)
Professor and Executive Officer - Natural Sciences of the Baruch College.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
* Bircan Ünver, President/Chair;
* Prof. Sultan Catto, Vice President; Natural Sciences of the Baruch College;
* Dr. Hande Subasilar, General Secretary and Treasurer;
* Müjgan Hedges, Member, Sponsorship Coordinator;
* Dr. Gül Celkan, Member (On-line), Middle Georgia State College, Atlanta;
* Isa Alemdag, Member - IT Consultant - (On-line), Horon Networks, England.
- ADVISORY BOARD:
-For Description of the Advisory Board, please see the June 6, 2006 MINUTES:
* Figen Bingül, Translator (Turkish-English), Editor, New York.
* Etem Erol, Professor in Middle Eastern Studies, Yale University, CT. (TBC for the new term)
* Edward Foster, Professor, College of Arts and Letters at Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey.
* Aysegul Durakoglu, Professor in Music, College of Arts and Letters at STevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey.
* Talat S. Halman, Professor in Literature Department of the Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey. (TBC for the new term)
* Stephen Kinzer, Former New York Times Foreign Correspondent, Author and Professor in International Relations, Boston University, MA. (TBC for the new term)
* Akif Kireççi, Associate Professor, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
E-Publishings/Events and The Light Millennium Television:
Executive Producer & Director: Bircan Ünver
Editor to the Executive Producer & Director: Emily Joyce
Assistant: Cora Fernandez
ISSUE#30 - Concent Coordinator: Julie MARDIN
ISSUE#31 - Concent Coordinator: Julie MARDIN
* THE LIGHT MILLENNIUM TV - LMTV
* LMTV on Vimeo
Bircan Ünver, Dr. Sebattin Devecioglu (Firat University, Elazig, Turkey), Isa Alemdag (Horon Solitions, England).
The Light Millennium on Linkedin(1)- Linkedin(2) Facebook - Facebook/Like - Facebook/Group - Linkedin - Twitter
* Department of Public Information of the United Nations effective on December 12, 2005. The Light Millennium has been active, and with a good-standing at the U.N. since 2005.
* MEMBER, Media Subcommittee/Planning Committee of the 65th UN-NGO Conference entitled,
"2015 AND BEYOND: OUR ACTION AGENDA" at the United Nations Headquarter in New York City, on August 27-29, 2014.
LM Presented a workshop during the 65th Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference on August 28, 2014, which entitled:
A QUEST TO FULFILL HUNGER OF THE BODY AND MIND POST-2015:
IS GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD A SOLUTION?
LM Reps to the UN in 2013
|* Bircan ÜNVER, Permanent Representative/Head of the Organization
* Müjgan HEDGES, Main Representative
* Hande SUBASILAR, 1st Alternate Representative
* Kaushalliya SIRIWARDANE, 2nd Alternate Representative, (Helping Hands Inc. TX)
* Isik BASARIR, Youth Representative
The Light Millennium has become annual member of the Volunteer Lawyers of Arts-VLA of New York effective on November 6, 2014.
The organization THANKS very much to the VLA for their support through provided legal advice on the legal issues or concerns.
*EDITING, COPY EDITING & PROOFREADING COMMITTEE:
Figen Bingül, Alana Bache, Yesim Ozel Dorian
* GRANT-PROPOSAL WRITING & GRANT SEARCH COMMITTEE:
Bircan Ünver & Figen Bingül
* EVENTS & FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE (combined with "fundraising")
Bircan Ünver, Julie Mardin, Mujgan Hedges
* SUPPORT GROUP & $1 OPEN ON-LINE MEMBERSHIP CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE (through NYCharities.Org):
Bircan Ünver and Mujgan Heges
*MEDIA & OUTREACH COMMITTEE
* INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE with NGOs, CSOs, EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, and PRIVATE SECTOR:
*WEB DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN
GRAPHIC DESIGN: Banner & Logo for both Lightmillennium.org & Isikbinyili.org;
LMTV Logo & Seal Designed by:
Ayhan M. Duman, Istanbul, Turkey
Issue#30 Dedication Theme, LM's 65th UN/DPI-NGO Conference's Workshop page, CUNY-GA - October 20, 2014 event, Dedication Theme Celebration Event - October 24, 2014;
BANNER and FLYER designed by:
Julie Mardin, New York City
2014 - ONGOING PROJECTS:
- LM Website - Issue#30
Dedication Theme: Freedom of Information in the Genetically Modified Age
Lack of transparency might be the worst problem of genetically modified foods
Content Coordinator: Julie MARDIN
- Pioneer of the Millennium Development Goals: Atatürk - E-publishing process continues.
Based on the above mentioned conference, 5 parts mini-series from the conference is available under LMTV.
For the latest The Light Millennium TV programs, please click on here.
- PARADE OF FACES: Who Speaks for Turkey? With Stephen KINZER
A Six Part of Documentary Project
(Based upon availability sponsorship, accordingly, this project will be re-activated.)
* TURKISH & ARMENIAN SYNERGY INITIATIVE:
PLEASE NOTE (*NOT ACTIVE): The organization seeks Armenian or Armenian decent Civil Society, NGO representatives or individuals, or Armenians around the world, who are willing to focus on the positive aspects of the near to 1000 years common cultures and life styles, which was stood side by side that has never come out under the light on the world platform up to date. The TASI aims to promote the positive and hidden aspects of Turkish-Armenian peaceful centuries and history and bring the both country, culture and comminities together towards to a Global Culture of Peace.*
* TURKISH & ARMENIAN SYNERGY COMMITTEE
Sevgin OKTAY, Sadi DINLENÇ, Sükrü Server AYA
1: All manuscripts submitted
become the property of the Light
Millennium, Inc. Contributers
are solely responsible for the
content of their own works.
Once ideas/manuscripts have been
submitted and have appeared on
the organization's web site/s,
these ideas/manuscripts CANNOT
BE REMOVED from the organization's
Web site/s AT ANY TIME. The organization
has aimed to create an "archive
of our time". From the inception
of the Light Millennium until
the present, all submitted ideas
and written works have been presented
on the Web, including the Introductory
Issue. These are all available
from the organization's Web ARCHIVE.
(Please also read the "Letter
of the Summer-2006 Issue")