Listed below are the Board of Directors and decision-makers of the Light Millennium. The Board of Directors is elected during the last Board Member Meeting held on Thursday, September 30, 2009 in New York City.
We are thankful for the commitment and dedication of Ms. Figen BINGÜL, who has made great contributions to the Light Millennium as the "general secretary" of the organization from November 2003 to September 2009. She continues with the LM as a member of the Advisory Board.
Based on our latest Board of Directors Meeting (Sepbember 30, 2009, NYC), we are seeking ways to expand and empower the BoD. We welcome new participants from various cultural and professional backgrounds in order to establish diversity within the BoD. We aim to increase the sustainability of the organization with a diverse and inclusive participation from different professional disciplines and cultural backgrounds globally.
If you are interested in joining the organization: you may take part in the Governing Body, or the Advisory Board; you may serve as a Pro-Bono Professional, a Volunteer Representative, a Volunteer Staff Member, a Translator, or get involved in the Production/Program aspects of the organization, or in one of its Committees. If you would like to be a part of the LM, please send us an email indicating your interest area in the subject line along with your resumé to: email@example.com
We are looking forward to gaining your participation.
We WELCOME all new potential members, volunteer representatives, staff members, and participants to the Light Millennium organization.
* * * * *
Bircan Ünver, Independent TV Producer, On-Line Publisher & Freelance Writer (continuing)
Samuel Paley, Professor in Classics, Buffalo University (Departured on March 31,2010)
Azime AYDOGMUS, Dramaturge & Freelance Writer
Korcan YURDACAN, Graphic Designer, Journalist
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
*Bircan Ünver, Founding President (continuing)
*Samuel Paley, Vice President. Professor in Classics, Buffalo University (departured)
*Azime Aydogmus, General Secretary. Dramaturge and Freelance Writer in Theater.
*Korcan Yurdacan, Treasurer. Graphic Designer, Journalist.
*Sultan Catto, Member. Professor and Executive Officer - PhD Program in Physics, The Graduate Center,
The City University of New York (moved from the Advisory Board to the BoD).
*Irmak Karayal, Member, Youth representative. High School senior.
- TURKISH-ARMENIAN SYNERGY INITIATIVE built-in to the LMBoD:
*Diana Khachaturyan (http://www.csi.am/), Online Member and equal partner for the *Turkish-Armenian Synergy Initiative
*Marianna Khachaturyan, Online Member, and equal partner for the Turkish-Armenian Synergy Initiative
- ADVISORY BOARD:
-For Description of the Advisory Board, please see the June 6, 2006 MINUTES:
* Figen Bingul, Translator (Turkish-English), Editor, New York.
* Kalman Angus-Clark, Investor / Business Entrepreneur
* Etem Erol, Professor in Middle Eastern Studies, Columbia University, New York.
* Edward Foster, Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey.
* Talat S. Halman, Professor in Literature Department of the Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
* Hayrettin Kilic, Founder, Green Think Tank for Turunch Foundation, New Jersey.
* Stephen Kinzer, Former New York Times Foreign Correspondent, Author and Professor, Boston University, MA.
*Akif Kireççi, Associate Professor, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
Executive Producer & Director:
* Light Millennium's representatives for the Department of Public Information of the United Nations (UN/DPI-NGO) 2009:
* Main Representative: Bircan Ünver
* Alternate Representative: Kurt Heyl
* Youth Representative: Merve Arabaci, NYU - Student
* Youth Representative: Korcan Yurdacan
* TURKISH & ARMENIAN SYNERGY INITIATIVE:
Bircan Ünver (Co-Chair), Diana Khachaturyan (Co-Chair), Marianna Khachaturyan, Azime Aydogmus & Korcan Yurdacan, Gokhan Kilinç (STBM, Denizli, Turkey), Maia Gachechiladze (Budapest, Hungary).
*EDITING, COPY EDITING & PROOFREADING COMMITTEE:
Figen Bingul, Emily Bunker, Janet Ekstract, Irmak Karayal, Stephanie Wein
*TRANSLATION COMMITTEE (From Turkish to English; English to Turkish; or from any other language to English or Turkish):
Figen Bingul, Irmak Karayal, Fatos Simsek, Janet Ekstract
*TRANSCRIPTION COMMITTEE (transcribing audio or video interviews as verbatim for the LM or Isikbinyili e-publications):
* GRANT-PROPOSAL WRITING & GRANT SEARCH COMMITTEE:
Emily Bunker, Janet Ekstract, Gokhan Kilinç, Marianna Khachaturyan, Bircan Ünver, Stephanie Wein
* EVENTS & FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE (combined with "fundraising")
Sultan Catto, Diana Khachaturyan, Gokhan Kilinc, Bircan Unver, Stephanie Wein
* SUPPORT GROUP & $1 OPEN ON-LINE MEMBERSHIP CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE (through NYCharities.Org):
*MEDIA & OUTREACH COMMITTEE
Naomi Chaplin, Irmak Karayal, Fatos Simsek, Bircan Ünver,
* INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE with NGOs, CSOs, EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, and PRIVATE SECTOR:
Janet Ekstract, Diana Khachaturyan, Bircan Ünver, Korcan Yurdacan
*WEB DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN & INTERNET PROMOTION COMMITTEE:
LM: Bircan Ünver, Korcan Yurdacan - IsikBinyili: Pelin Bali, Tülün Ulusoy
- For the September 30, 2009 joint MINUTES of the LMBoD and Annual Meetings>
* DOCUMENTARY PROJECTS (depending on availability of required funding):
- Cadirhoyuk - Documentary Project's Principal Advisor:
Dr. Samuel Paley (Departured April 2010)
Dr. Ron Gorny
- Parade of Faces: Who Speaks for Turkey? With Stephen KINZER
A Six Part of Documentary Project
990 Annual Report & CHAR500 for the FY2008:
Y.M.B. and Associates, Queens, NY (Professional Service)
Banner & Logo for both Lightmillennium.org & Isikbinyili.org; LMTV Logo & Seal Designed by:
Ayhan M. DUMAN, Istanbul, Turkey
* Department of Public Information of the United Nations effective on December 12, 2005.
* MEMBER: Non Profit Coordination Committee of New York effective on February 2008.
Submissions any time...
1: All manuscripts submitted
become the property of the Light
Millennium, Inc. Contributers
are solely responsible for the
content of their own works.
Once ideas/manuscripts have been
submitted and have appeared on
the organization's web site/s,
these ideas/manuscripts CANNOT
BE REMOVED from the organization's
Web site/s AT ANY TIME. The organization
has aimed to create an "archive
of our time". From the inception
of the Light Millennium until
the present, all submitted ideas
and written works have been presented
on the Web, including the Introductory
Issue. These are all available
from the organization's Web ARCHIVE.
(Please also read the "Letter
of the Summer-2006 Issue")
The Light Millennium e-platform, ISIK BINYILI e-platform (Turkish counterpart of the LM), Light Millennium TV Series ("LMTV"), and TURKISHGREEKSYNERGY.NET are under the umbrella of The Light Millennium, Inc., A Charitable/Public Benefit, with 501 (c) (3) Status, Not-for-profit organization based in New York. Introduced on the WEB with its Introductory Issue in August 1999
; and officially formed on July 17, 2001.
*Please note: Louise Mercado is no longer with the Light Millennium, effective on December 31, 2003.